Guest Services and Policies
Our goal is to offer services and guidelines that help your vacation go smoothly while still keeping the vintage Ocracoke atmosphere that sets us apart from other establishments. Most of all, we want you to enjoy your stay at Edwards of Ocracoke. We take pride in our accommodations and work hard to provide guests with clean, comfortable, and affordable lodging. If you have any questions during your stay, please feel free to ask.
Office Hours are from 9am-6pm most days.
Room Check-in is 3pm and Check-out is 11am.
Cottage Check-in is 4pm and Check-out is 11am.
- Rooms will be serviced daily when we see that you are out and about for the day, normally between 9am-1pm.
- Cottages do not receive maid service but are allowed a mid week linen exchange. Renters will need to bring supplies outlined in their confirmation.
- Due to cell phone usage, we no longer have phones in our rooms and cottages. There is an emergency phone on our office porch. Messages for guests may be left at the front desk.
- Ice for your in-room ice bucket is available at the front desk during office hours. 8lb bags are also available for $1 each.
- Wireless Internet access is available on the motel grounds with pass code.
- Bicycle, Charcoal Grills, DVD players, Fans, are all available for rent in the office as available.
- We have quiet hours from 10pm-7am. Please be courteous to other guests. If you are being disrupted by other guests, please call the motel emergency number located on the back of your door.
- We DO NOT ALLOW PETS on the premises. This includes keeping pets in vehicles. If we discover a guest is keeping a pet in their room, they will be asked to leave and fined accordingly. Please do not feed the local cats. They all have homes and are well taken care of.
- All units are NO SMOKING. Please be courteous and keep smoking away from porches and open doors and windows. Please discard cigarrettes in outdoor sand receptacles, not in the room trash. If we detect a smoke odor in your room, you will be asked to leave without refund and will incur up to a $500 fine. Smoking inside a designated "non-smoking" room is a serious offense and is against the law in North Carolina.
- Cooking on porches or in basic rooms is not allowed. If you wish to cook in the room, please reserve a cottage or efficiency which has the proper setup for food preparation. Grilling is permissable in the picnic areas.
- Because of our small size, cancellations affect us significantly. In the event you must cancel or change your reservation, please be aware of the following: All reservation confirmations include a cancellation date. Cancellations or reservation changes must be made by that date in order to receive any reservation deposit refund. Please note: There is an administrative fee of $10 for cancellations prior to your cancellation date and no refunds are given for emergencies, inclement weather, hurricane evacuations, or early departure after the specified cancellation date.
If you plan to arrive on a late ferry or after 6:00pm (office closes) please
let us know, so that we can make arrangements for your check-in. Late arrivals after 6pm require balance of payment by MC/Visa on the
scheduled arrival day. Reservations that have not been cancelled (“No Shows”)
will be charged the full balance due for all scheduled days
- In order to cover any financial losses that may occur due to unforseen emergencies or mandatory hurricane evacuations, you may want to purchase Trip Cancellation and Interruption
Insurance. We are representatives for CSA Travel Protection and reccommend them if you choose to purchase this type of coverage. Refer to the flyer attached to your confirmation
for more information or click on the following link to get a free quote and purchase travel insurance.
- Reservations are made for a specific number of occupants for each unit. Please do not arrive with additional people (including infants/children) without calling ahead to check on the maximum
allowed. If you are found to have more than the maximum allowed, you will either incur a $50 penalty per night or your reservation will be cancelled at our option with the loss of your
Would you like to learn more about our services?
Just give us a call at +1 252 9284801 or simply send us an email.