Motel Rooms and Motel Cottages
- Check-in time is 3:00pm for rooms, 4:00pm for motel cottages.
- Check-out is by 11:00am for rooms and 10:00am cottages at the motel. Guests checking out after there scheduled time on check-out day are subject to penalty unless otherwise discussed with
Edwards' managment(see credit card authorization form/reservation agreement form).
- We have quiet hours from 10pm-7am. Please be courteous to other guests. If you are being disrupted by other guests, please call the motel emergency number located on the back of your door
or one of the emergency numbers on the office door.
- Guests are responsible for paying the balance on scheduled arrival day for all nights reserved. Please be aware that we do not accept balance of payment by personal check at check-in (MC, Visa,
or cash accepted for payment). If paying cash, a valid credit card will be required at check-in.
- We DO NOT ALLOW PETS on the premises. This includes keeping pets in vehicles. If we discover a guest is keeping a pet in their room,
they will be asked to leave and will incur up to a $500 fine(see credit card authorization form/reservation agreement form). Please do not feed the local cats. They all have homes
and are well taken care of.
- All units are NO SMOKING. Please be courteous and keep smoking away from porches and open doors and windows. Please discard
cigarrettes in outdoor sand receptacles, not in the room trash. If we detect a smoke odor in your room, you will be asked to leave without refund and will incur up to a $500 fine(see credit card
authorization form/reservation agreement form). Smoking inside a designated "non-smoking" room is a serious offense and is against the law in North Carolina.
- Cottages require a refundable cleaning and damage deposit. Damages or missing items totaling more than your damage deposit will require additional payment. Room guests are responsible for any
items found to be damaged or missing (see credit card authorization form/reservation agreement form).
- Cooking on covered porches or in basic rooms is not allowed. If you wish to cook in the room, please reserve a cottage or efficiency which has the proper setup for food preparation.
Grilling is permissable in the picnic areas.
- Because of our small size, cancellations affect us significantly. In the event you must cancel or change your reservation, please be aware of the following: All reservation
agreements include a cancellation date. Cancellations or reservation changes must be made by that date in order to receive any reservation deposit refund. Please note: There is an
administrative fee of $15 ($25 for cottages) for cancellations prior to your cancellation date. No refunds are given for cancellations after the specified cancellation date. No refunds are given
for emergencies, inclement weather, hurricane evacuations, or early departure after the specified cancellation date. Deposits are not transferable after the cancellation date.
If you plan to arrive on a late ferry or after 6:00pm (office closes) please
let us know, so that we can make arrangements for your check-in. Late arrivals after 6pm require balance of payment by MC/Visa on the
scheduled arrival day. Reservations that have not been cancelled (“No Shows”) by 6pm on the scheduled arrival day will be charged the full balance due for all scheduled days(see credit
card authorization form).
- Reservations are made for a specific number of occupants for each unit. Please do not arrive with additional people (including infants/children) without calling ahead to check on the maximum
allowed. If you are found to have more than the maximum allowed, you will either incur a $50 penalty per night or your reservation will be cancelled at our option with the loss of your deposit
(see credit card authorization form/reservation agreement form).
- Cottage rentals require the person making the reservation to be 24 years of age or older and that person must be present for the duration of the rental. Room rentals require the person
making the reservation to be 21 years of age or older and that person must be present for the duration of the rental. The person making the reservation for a cottage or room must have a credit
card in their name to be held on file in the office for the duration of the rental for incidentals and or damages as per outlined in the reservation agreement.
Would you like to learn more about our services?
Just give us a call at +1 252 9284801 or simply send us an email.